Friday, September 24, 2004

I don't get poetry that doesn't rhyme. What seperates this paragraph that I am typing right now, from a poem. Is it how I write it? Is it in how it is said or spoken. Next time you read one of my blogs make sure you put in a lot of dramtic pauses and emphasise some of the more important words (like boobies or nipples). But I do give poets credit for their ability to lie. Without that talent poems would suck on a completely different level. Like when a poet says "her eyes were bluer than the deepest of oceans". Sweet huh, but if we were honest all the time they you might get something along the lines of, "It was generally accepted that she had eyes that were rather blue, possibly bluer than the north Atlanic from N 58' to N 110'." Also historic peoms would be missing some of their luster. "The face that luanched a thousand ships" wouldn't be nearly as effective as "The face that launched 405 cruisers, 100 Battleships, and 5 tugboats." (let's face it tugboats ruin anything that may have had to oppertunity to be sweet or Romantic.) And most importantly that brings me to my final point. The Atkins diet. (It really didn't bring me to the final point, but I needed a segway.) There has never possibly been a bigger crock of shit than the Atkins diet. Maybe the idea of clear pepsi was worse, but maybe not. Anyways anything that encourages you to eat unlimited bacon, but claims unholy war against something wholesome such as corn. CORN? They say "it's full of starch" and I say, "yeah it doesn't have nearly as much saturated fat as bacon so therefore it must be bad for you." I will admit that the diet works, for a little, but then as soon as you start enjoying normal foods and stop neglecting the food pyramid then you gain it back. There is a simplier way to lose weight. And what is that Jon? Lipo suction. That or not being lazy. Anyways I would love to wirite more, but as soon as I finish I am going to sleep

No comments: