Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hrubbberneckers

I think if there is any group of people who needs to be shot out into the sun and never heard from again it's definately rubberneckers. Yeah that's right, if you are that interested in a persons misfortune that you need to tie up traffic even more, then you deserve the bright hot searing doom that is a crash landing into our solar central. Today on the parkway I was traveling in-bound, (pay attention this is important later, and there might be a quiz) and on the radio I heard about an accident on the outbound side before the tunnel. That's right I am talking about the infamous Squirrel Hill Tunnels. I am used to a certian amount of traffic near the tunnels but as I cleared the last exit preceeding them, I saw a sea of glittering brake lights stretching all the way to the tunnel itself. I thought I must have heard them wrong on the radio and the accident must be on the inbound side after all. 20 minutes and a mile and a half later I entered the tunnel without seeing any sign of an accident. When I emerged I saw the "accident" on the OUTBOUND side. I say "accident" because it's fun to use quotes and it there were 3 cars that had rear ended one another. 2 were drivable and 1 was being towed. Yet somehow traffic on my side, inbound, was moving at a trickle because everyone had to see one car getting towed. HOLY CRAP A TOW TRUCK! that is amazing. look it's going to move that other car. MAN this is the best day ever. the only thing you would be looking for is if to see if someone was hurt. And I imagine if it's on the radio, your not going to be the first responder to the scene, so keep driving. SO to sum it all up, just becuase some people have a preoccupation with the need to see blood and human tragedy whenever possible, I am late to class. So to make their first and final trip to the sun more enjoyable we will be playing "Red Asphault" as the inflight movie and their shuttle will be proceeded by a car, so they can watch one last accident.

Here's the quiz

Which way was Jon traveling?
A Inbound
B Outbound
C gagged and bound

What do people who rubberneck deserve
A a one way ticket to antartica
B the fist o fury
C a crash landing into our sun

What is Jon's favorite color
A Green
B Clear
C The color purple

If Jon were an animal he would be
A puma
B Penguin
C Mountain Goat with super sonic hearing

If jon were to die tomorrow he would want what done with his body
A Cremation
B Donation to science
C Cryogenically frozen until 2229 when he can assend to his robotic body and lead the last remaining armies of earth to victory across the galaxy.

Bonus. Short answer
If you were an ocean which one would you be and why. (Point taken off for the use of the word Indian Ocean instead of Native American Ocean.)

No comments: