Sunday, April 15, 2007

The word Fancy is not a verb. It might have been long ago, but now it's not. I am sorry, I know of the many things I am*, I am by no means a wordsmith or grammactatitian, but fancy is just not a verb. It is an adjective. It is used to describe stuff with lace and sequins on it. (that's the websters definition, just so you know). No self respecting person can say "Do you fancy a drink?" Unless of course they are wearing a monacle and the drink in question is the finest vintage of a particularly good wine. So unless you stem from the late 19th century, or have a desperate need for a corrective lens in only one eye, then fancy can only be used to describe things, not show an enjoyment of things.

*Smelly, construction paper god, smarter then most warm bricks, generally odorific, squelchy, perpetual user of this thing*

*I wasn't making a footnote, I just can't spell that word. OH shit I was making a footnote.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Can I be a grammactitian?
pllleeeeaaaase

Rachelle said...

grammactatitian?
either one will do