Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hooked on Facebook worked for me

Thankfully I missed out on the myspace craze. Unfortunately I am addicted to facebook. That goddamn website accounts for 14/23rds of my internet time. (the other time breaks down like this; 1/23rd on this example of poor grammar and waste of good internet, another 23rd on the Air Force website seeing what I am in trouble for now, and I use the other 7/23rds improving hand coordination and wrist strength.) I am glad that I can now know every little detail about everyone's lives. I can get up to the minute updates such as; Mark has added Fraggle Rock to his favorite TV shows, or Jenny is no longer a member of the "Inside Joke that no one else knows about" group. (I hear Jenny was not happy with the actions of said group at their annual conference this year in Boise). Also I thankful for the knowledge that Jim has tagged himself in 32 pictures, of well... Himself. Amazing. The only truly important feature of facebook is its power to grant official status to a relationship. I firmly believe that unless facebook notifies me with a line such as "Dwight and Jon are life partners" with a small heart next to it, then I don't believe it. Hell I'm not even sure my parents are really married, cause according to facebook they really don't even exist. (I bet they staged all those "wedding pictures" in the same studio where they faked the moon landing")

No comments: