Monday, January 29, 2007

In oil

In my life I have made many poor judgements. Teaching Micheal Jackson to mix coke and wine, telling everyone in Pomeii that a little ash couldn't hurt and to stop whining, going to that Dave Mathews Band Concert (you know what you did to me Dave, and I will never ever forgive you), but by far the worst of all is one that is a fairly regular occurance. I have the unhealthy ability to select tuna in oil. I don't know why my hands are so good at fooling my brain that I am graspiing the "in Water" can, but no, I am really grabbing 6oz of shredded fish and 10w 30 weight. It really wouldn't be so bad if you could actually drain tuna in oil. but you can't, you might remove some oil (enough to grease a pan) but still more remains (about equal to amount needed to wax my car). And if you get any out into the sink, your drain becomes an Exxon Tanker accident. (poor little spoons, I only hope hot celebrities arrive soon so they can be cleaned) My real question I guess is why do all the tuna companies make tuna in oil? I have asked several people and no ever buys it on purpose. It's always some David Copperfield slight of hand that allows it into your cart. If only starkissed and bumblebee knew that no actually wants the "in oil" cans we might be free from their slimy grossness for ever.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

don't bring that tuna around me.
(you're cute)

Anonymous said...

At least you did not pick up lemon flavored tuna like i did once. which Bentz decided tasted like tuna and pledge. i can't decide what is worse!