Friday, January 26, 2007

Neverthewhat

I just wanted to post a quick few sentences of rage towards a gross missuse of the english language that I love and respect so dearly. It's just the grammar that bothers me most of the time, and the spelling, goddamn spelling. Anyways I was very disturbed to find one of my most hatiest words several times during a single days reading. NEVERTHELESS (yes surprisingly enough "nevertheless" appeared several times in both Penthouse letters and Better homes and gardens, what can I say, I appreciate a well thought out bedroom decor) Nevertheless is utter Bullshit. I've heard of compound words before, but this goes beyond that. This is 3 words. 3 whole words smashed together. muchlikethis andtherest ofthisblog. I am herby starting a campaign to eliminate nevertheless or conversely eliminate spaces between words. it's your choice, lose one ridiculous word, or that long thin thumb rest at the bottom of your keyboards

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

well put, agreed.